How do I subscribe to the Current News RSS feed?

Frequently asked information about this forum and website.
ajtruckle
Site Admin

How do I subscribe to the Current News RSS feed?

Post by ajtruckle » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:21 am

An RSS feed is a way to provide news and information to users and they are becoming more and more popular. My RSS feed has been linked to the Current News support forum topic. Thus you will need a valid user account with the support forum and might need to enter those login credentials in order to access the feed contents.

What does this mean? Whenever I make an announcement in the Current News forum, it will automatically get announced through the RSS feed too. So if you subscribe to the feed, you might find it an easier way to keep abreast of new versions etc..

If you go to the Help menu (version 10.2.0 or higher) you will see an option that takes you to the RSS feed:
rss_feed01.gif
rss_feed01.gif (8.82 KiB) Viewed 3773 times
So how can one use an RSS feed? There are several ways. Most internet browsers will allow you to visit the link and then subscribe and there is no more you need to do. For example, if you visit the feed URL using FireFox you will see this:
rss_feed02.gif
rss_feed02.gif (9.64 KiB) Viewed 3773 times
If you then click Subscribe Now it will show a popup for you to give the feed a name and specify where the feed is placed in the browser:
rss_feed03.gif
rss_feed03.gif (8.65 KiB) Viewed 3773 times
After clicking Subscribe the feed will show in the Firefox toolbar:
rss_feed04.gif
rss_feed04.gif (9.77 KiB) Viewed 3773 times
Other browsers should work similarly. However, you don't have to use a browser because there are many feed readers out there to use aswell. For example ...

FeedDemon:
rss_feed05.gif
rss_feed05.gif (37.19 KiB) Viewed 3773 times
Feed Catch:
rss_feed06.gif
rss_feed06.gif (56.74 KiB) Viewed 3773 times
I will not be sending any announcements to the users of the support forum via email at any time. The only facility I will maintain is this RSS feed so I urge you to subscribe using whatever means you like.

Additional resources:

http://www.whatisrss.com/
Your brother

Andrew Truckle
Software Support
Mantis BT - Submit bug or feature request: Submit
Facebook: Join
Newsletter: Subscribe