I am pleased to announce that there is a new version of Meeting Schedule Assistant now available.
- What’s New
- Bug Fixes
- Changes to the Startup Window
- Foreign-Language Group
- Active Schedule Template
- Importing Publishers and Assignment History
- Generic Importing
- Importing from CLM Explorer
- Public Talk Titles
- Linking Chairman and Opening Prayer Assignments
- Searching for Text
- Latest Download
This latest version of Meeting Schedule Assistant has several bug fixes and new features! Too many to mention in this newsletter.
Here is a list of some of the bugs that have been resolved:
- The Auto Assign tool would sometimes cause the Assignments Editor to crash. Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention.
- The Midweek Editor should automatically purge the Assignment History Database at-least every 30 days. This feature had stopped working correctly.
- There was an issue with the Swapping Assignments feature on the Weekend Meeting window. The wrong names were being displayed for Concluding Prayer on the fly-out menu.
- Using Refresh (hotkey F5) within the Midweek Editor whilst you were making changes to the underlying template (XSL file) was not working.
View the Revision History help topic for full details about all the bugs fixed in this version.
Changes to the Startup Window
It is now much easier to change the following modes before you create a new schedule:
Use the default setting of None if your congregation does not sponsor a Foreign-Language Group. Please read the Overview of Foreign-Language Group mode help topic to learn how to use this feature correctly.
This setting is used when you create a new Christian Life and Ministry Report schedule.
Active Schedule Template
Select the schedule type you would like to use from those available in the drop-down list. Schedule Types can be managed from the Settings window.
This setting is used when you create a new Sound Rota Report schedule.
Importing Publishers and Assignment History
Two new features have been added to make it easier to import existing Publishers and Assignment History into the software.
It is now possible to import Assignment History by means of a generic CSV text file.
Importing from CLM Explorer
CLM Explorer is one of several alternative software applications that can be used for preparing Midweek Meeting schedules.
It is now possible to transfer the following information:
- Students Database
- Calendar Database
Read the Importing Data from CLM Explorer help topic to find out what steps are involved.
Assignment History — Merging
The Assignment History database will be reset before importing process begins. It is not possible to merge assignment history into the existing database at this time.
Public Talk Titles
Several updates have been made to the Public Talk titles in the following languages:
Linking Chairman and Opening Prayer Assignments
You can now link both the Chairman and Opening Prayer assignments together on the Weekend Meeting window. Click the button to toggle the link on or off.
The Opening Prayer assignment will automatically stay in sync as you select a name from the Chairman drop-down list or key-in a new name.
The link setting is remembered and becomes the default for scheduling future weeks.
Searching for Text
You can now search for a specific word or phrase on the schedule (in both editors).
The desired text will be highlighted on the schedule and the focus shifted to it.
When Highlight all matches is checked it will highlight all instances in a different colour:
- Current / Selected instance will highlight with one colour.
- All other instances will highlight with one colour different from previous.
Supported operating systems: