I am pleased to announce that there is a new version of Meeting Schedule Assistant now available.
- What’s New
- Importing Public Talk Information
- Bug Fixes
- Assignments Editor — Midweek Meeting Assignments
- Meeting Editor — Auto Assign
- Weekend Meeting Editor — Swap Assignment
- Latest Download
October is here, and thus the start of the 2023 service year. So, we have great pleasure in releasing version 23.0.0 of Meeting Schedule Assistant. The software received 18 updates during the 2022 service year (see Archived Revision History 22.0). This latest version includes a few bug fixes and several improvements to existing features. Read on to find out more.
The Help menu has been updated to include a new Support sub-menu. The menu item Submit a Bug or Feature Request has been moved to this sub-menu. And a link to the AnyDesk downloads page (in English) has been added.
AnyDesk can be used to connect remotely to another computer and is a good way to help you with any problems you may have with the software.
Importing Public Talk Information
A couple of improvements have been made to the Import feature.
- The pop-up window now automatically selects the correct talk assignments in the drop-down lists.
- The Import button is now disabled if the meeting date is in the past.
Some updates have been made to the translations (see the Revision History help topic for details).
We have at long last managed to identify the cause of some long-standing issues with the software.
Assignments Editor — Midweek Meeting Assignments
The Midweek Meeting Assignments checklist was disabled if the midweek meeting was the Circuit Overseer Visit. This is now fixed.
Meeting Editor — Auto Assign
Resolved several issues with this tool:
- The software would silently crash if you wanted to automatically assign the Zoom Attendant.
- The software would automatically assign some of the Special Event weeks (which should have been ignored). The logic has been improved to correctly handle all types of Special Events.
Weekend Meeting Editor — Swap Assignment
There was a bug with the Swap Assignment feature which caused the software to get confused and it started showing the wrong set of names in the context menu. The issue has been identified and resolved.
Are you having problems with Check for Update?
A number of users have been having difficulty using the Check for Update feature. I am sorry for any inconvenience that this issue has caused you. I think there was an issue with the 22.1.6 release that caused the tool to get confused. This issue has now been fixed. Please download the software manually using the link below if you are having problems with Check for Update. It should work properly after that.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
Deprecated Operating Systems
These operating systems are no longer supported:
- Windows 7 (Service Pack 1)
- Windows 8.1
You can still download the last supported version of Meeting Schedule Assistant (which was 23.1.0) from here. But this version is no longer maintained. You are encouraged to use version 23.1.1 or higher.