I am pleased to announce that there is a new version of Meeting Schedule Assistant now available.
You may have noticed that I have decided to drop support for the Instagram social media channel. It did not have many followers and not generating any user feedback.
Table of Contents
Some users are trying to use the Check for Update feature and the software gets stuck in a cycle and doesn’t let you upgrade. There was a bug with this feature in the software several versions back and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. 😒In this scenario you must perform a manual upgrade using the download link at the bottom of this newsletter. Then it should work correctly.
Please have a look at the Revision History to familiarize yourself with all the changes made since the last time you upgraded.
A number of improvements have been made to the software.
- The Weeks to Include window is no longer automatically displayed when changing tab in the Meeting Editor.
- Added Help button to Notes and Images window and it now handles the F1 hotkey.
It is now possible to make changes to the Publishers Database from the Edit menu in all of the editors:
- Arabic — Updated the public talk titles.
- English — Updated the public talk titles.
- Punjabi — Updated the song titles. This completes the song book.😊
- Spanish — Updated the public talk titles.
Several improvements have been made to the new browser control that was introduced in version 23.2.0:
- Added XSL to the View submenu on the context menu.
- Detect changing Light / Dark mode (to update context menu icons).
- Disable Drag n Drop
- Override hotkeys (keyboard shortcuts)
- Correct location of it’s user data folder. It is now %localappdata%\Theocratic Software\Meeting Schedule Assistant. This will reset the controls settings.
A new video tutorial was recently made available:
A number of bugs have also been identified and resolved:
- Weekend worksheet was not displaying during the week of the the 2023 Memorial.
- Changed Quick Save hotkey to ALT + SHIFT +S to avoid conflict with the WebView2 Web Select feature.
- Show Full Screen was displaying the wrong schedule in Slips preview mode.
- Fixed a bug with the Current Week toggle.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
Deprecated Operating Systems
These operating systems are no longer supported:
- Windows 7 (Service Pack 1)
- Windows 8.1
You can still download the last supported version of Meeting Schedule Assistant (which was 23.1.0) from here. But this version is no longer maintained. You are encouraged to use version 23.1.1 or higher.
A big thank you to those of you who have been able to submit a software review.
You can leave a review at any time by visiting the User Reviews section of the website. You can leave your review in your native language if you prefer.